The GOLDs are an exciting and creative CDT dance class and performance group for movers and non movers who are over 55. The focus is on fitness, mobility, sociability and creativity. The GOLDs are an amazing group of people who live in Canberra and come from all walks of life. Some have danced since childhood and some are completely new to dance. We only ask that they have a sense of humour and community. This class is primarily designed for people aged 55+ who are able to move independently and without mobility aids. No prior experience necessary.
The GOLDs class was originally part of a ten week performance project for over 55s in early 2011, in association with the National Library of Australia and Belconnen Arts Centre, and supported by the ACT Government under the ACT Health Promotion Grants Program. But everyone had such an excellent time they continue to explore movement and choreography to stimulate heart, mind and soul.
GOLDs Performance Works
- 2011 Air Kiss – Glen Murray; Indian Light – Liz Lea
- 2013 Pop Art – Liz Lea; The Incense – Liz Lea; Chromosome 16 – Meg Milland; Existence – Jane Ingall; Dewi Ratna – Jade Tyas Tunngal; Black GOLD – Tammi Gissell
- 2014 Something to Remember – Stephanie Burridge
- 2015 Group One – Glen Murray; Three Gunnas – Dr Elizabeth Cameron Dalman OAM
- 2016 Annette – Liz Lea; Grand Finale – Martin del Amo; None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives – Kate Denborough; First and Last – Gerard van Dyck