The CDT studio is at 1 Kingsley Street, on the corner of Barry Drive and Kingsley Street in Canberra City. The studio is available for hire outside of our class times for individual or small group practice; or for your own classes with competitive rates according to use.
Please direct hire enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the studio
The Studio was completed in 2012 as part of the City West development. It features a professional Harlequin Liberty sprung ballet floor – the best dance floor available, and the same floor used by world-renowned dance companies such as the Bolshoi Ballet. There is a strict ‘no street shoes’ and no percussive dance (e.g. tap) and no high heel policy for this floor.
Studio hire rates per hour
- $27 per hour for members;
- $33 per hour for non-members;
- $50 per hour for commercial activity such as classes and workshops.
CDT events and classes take priority, so please confirm and book any studio availability with the CDT office staff well before your activities or you may be disappointed. CDT reserves the right to review regular hires, and adjust hire times to suit CDT workshops in consultation with hirers.
- The studio is just over 185 sqm in size and is rated for 45 people under the 1 person per 4 sqm rule.
- 65 stackable chairs for seating.
- Air conditioned.
- Ballet barres, mirrors and sound system.
- Two sides of studio fitted with ceiling to floor windows, providing plenty of natural light.
- 3 metre high ceiling.
- Men’s and women’s change rooms, toilets, and a kitchenette off the adjacent foyer.
- Fully wheelchair accessible.
- Plenty of parking across the road and surrounds.
I was blown away! It was in such amazing condition, and such a beautiful space
– Valerie D’Ville