The CDT studio is at 1 Kingsley Street Acton, on the corner of Barry Drive and Kingsley Street in Canberra City. The studio is available for hire outside of our class times, with competitive rates according to use.
The studio is available for rehearsal hire for $25 per hour for members; $30 per hour for non-members; $45 for commercial activity such as classes and workshops.
I was blown away! It was in such amazing condition, and such a beautiful space – Valerie D’Ville
The Studio was completed in 2012 as part of the City West development. It features a professional Harlequin Liberty sprung ballet floor – the best dance floor available, and even if we say so, the same floor used by the Bolshoi Ballet. As a result there is a strict ‘no street shoe’ and no percussive dance (e.g. Tap) and no high heel policy for this floor. There are 65 stackable chairs for seating.
You can hire the studio privately for your own practice, or small group practice, or for your own classes.
CDT events and classes take priority, so please confirm and book any studio availability with the CDT office staff well before your activities or you may be disappointed. CDT reserves the right to review regular hires, and adjust hire times to suit CDT workshops in consultation with hirers.
Check the studio calendar here for availability.
Please direct hire enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The studio is just over 185m2 in size and is rated for 45 people under the 1 per 4sqm rule. The foyer is rated for 15 and the hall is rated for 12 under the 1 per 4sqm rule. Check the Canberra Recovery Plan here for currency of numbers allowed.
- Air conditioned
- Ballet barres, mirrors, and an MP3 compatible sound system
- Two sides of studio fitted with ceiling to floor windows, providing plenty of natural light
- 3m high ceiling
- Men’s and women’s change rooms, toilets, and a kitchen off the adjacent foyer
- Fully wheelchair accessible
- Plenty of parking across the road