CDT is for anyone 16+ interested in dance. We do dance for the art, not for exams, so you won’t do eisteddfods or exams. Please check the Notes for First-Timers for Beginner Ballet classes.
Who are the classes for?
- Adults who enjoy dance and movement, at any level. Of course, some classes are for the more experienced, as noted by ‘beginner’, then ‘elementary’, intermediate’ etc
- Dancers wishing to develop further skills, maintain technique and fitness through technique classes
- Dance artists, including performers, teachers, choreographers and community dance practitioners
- People interested in being involved Canberra Dance Theatre performance opportunities
- Actors, musicians, visual artists, circus performers, calisthenics and gymnastic competitors
How do I enrol in a class?
- Choose your preferred class from the weekly class timetable
- Register at the studio 10 to 15 minutes before class commences
- You do not need to pre-book into a class
- Provide your name and contact phone number to the class administrator, and pay for the class
- Please tell the instructor of any relevant injuries or conditions before the class begins
- Bring a bottle of water to sip during the class
How can I take advantage of CDT’s trial offer?
- First time students at CDT can attend a trial week. Pay for your first class and hold onto the receipt to be able to attend any class throughout the week and see what is on offer
- You will need to start paying fees and membership if you come back for a second week
When do I need to pay the annual membership fee?
- You must pay the annual membership fee no later than your second week. This covers you for accident insurance
- If you are buying a dance card, you must be a member or purchase membership at the same time
My first time – what should I wear?
- Clothes should be comfortable and allow you to bend and stretch easily. Exercise clothes are perfect so long as they are not baggy. Dress like you’d dress for a gym. You can buy dancewear as you become more comfortable in class
- Bare feet or socks are suitable for most classes. Ballet shoes can be worn at the discretion of the individual but are recommended. 10% Member discounts at Attitude dancewear in Mitchell!
- If unsure about clothing or footwear please discuss this with your teacher before class
Do you run children’s ballet classes?
- No; however, we suggest either the Kim Harvey School of Dance for ballet classes for children of all ages, with an RAD syllabus, or Dance Northside for a more community-based dance studio
Special Needs Classes?
Yes! CDTeens is perfect. Age appropriate, energetic and creative dance for children and teenagers with additional needs, with two instructors and parent participation.