The GOLDs are an exciting and creative CDT dance class and performance group for movers and non movers who are over 55. The focus is on fitness, mobility, sociability and creativity. The GOLDs are an amazing group of people who live in Canberra and come from all walks of life. Some have danced since childhood and some are completely new to dance. We only ask that they are over 55, have a sense of humour and community and can move independently. No prior experience necessary, although CDT may organise a basic introductory movement class if needed.
The GOLDs class was originally part of a ten week performance project for over 55s in early 2011, in association with the National Library of Australia and Belconnen Arts Centre, and supported by the ACT Government under the ACT Health Promotion Grants Program. But everyone had such an excellent time they continue to explore movement and choreography to stimulate heart, mind and soul. Key dates for 2018 Semester 1 are here.
GOLDs Performance Works
- 2011 Air Kiss – Glen Murray; Indian Light – Liz Lea
- 2013 Pop Art – Liz Lea; The Incense – Liz Lea; Chromosome 16 – Meg Milland; Existence – Jane Ingall; Dewi Ratna – Jade Tyas Tunngal; Black GOLD – Tammi Gissell
- 2014 Something to Remember – Dr Stephanie Burridge
- 2015 Group One – Glen Murray; Three Gunnas – Dr Elizabeth Cameron Dalman OAM; Rolling in the Deep – Morag Deyes
- 2016 Annette – Liz Lea; Grand Finale – Martin del Amo; None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives – Kate Denborough; First and Last – Gerard van Dyck. All works appeared in Great Sport!, a CDT production at the National Museum of Australia
- 2017 Circles in a Circle – Gretel Burgess; In the Village – Gretel Burgess
- 2018 The Force That Through The Green Fuse Drives The Flower – Carol Brown