Frequently Asked Questions
Who are the classes for?
- Anyone over 15 years of age
- Anyone who enjoys dance and movement
- Dancers wishing to develop further skills, maintain technique and fitness through technique classes
- Dance artists, including performers, teachers, choreographers and community dance practitioners
- People interested in being involved Canberra Dance Theatre performance opportunities
- Actors, musicians, visual artists, circus performers, calisthenics and gymnastic competitors
How do I enrol in a class?
- Choose your preferred class from the weekly class timetable
- Register at the studio 10 to 15 minutes before class commences
- You do not need to book into a class
- Provide your name and contact phone number to the class administrator, and pay for the class
- Please tell the instructor of any relevant injuries or conditions before the class begins
- Bring a bottle of water to sip during the class
How can I take advantage of CDT's trial offer?
- Tturn up at a class you want to attend and let the class administrator know you would like a trial class.
- Pay absolutely nothing for your first class.
- You will need to start paying fees and membership if you come back for a second class.
When do I need to pay the annual membership fee?
- You must pay the annual membership fee of $30 ($20 concession) no later than your second class.
- If you are buying a dance card, you must be a member or purchase membership at the same time.
What should I wear?
- Clothes should be comfortable and allow you to bend and stretch easily. Jeans are not suitable.
- Bare feet or socks are suitable for most classes. Hip hop / funk, zumba and ballet classes generally require shoes.
- If unsure about clothing or footwear please discuss this with your instructor before class.
Do you run children's ballet classes?
- No; however, the Kim Harvey School of Dance offers ballet classes for children of all ages. For further information, please contact Kim on 0408 861 136 or (02) 6299 8820 or firstname.lastname@example.org